Young

Young
By: Andria Chisholm
10/26/16

It's funny how
you just bought a ring just the other day
and now
we have nothing to say
words can't explain
all we can do is lay it out on the tray
and hope that better is on it's way
Because life is very short and we don't have time to waste
so give it to me anyway
make sure you won't regret it
he texted me and you read it
but w/o the bad things, how would you know what's good?
you say you living better but you're still in the hood
maybe it’ll be better next lifetime, reincarnation
I need a year vacation, don't care where the location
I hear you talking but I'm not listening
because you keep reminiscing
and I don't want to hurt feelings
so I keep my distance
you got mad, you told me you was leaving
we arguing but for what?
where's the love? where's the trust?
is seems like we’re slowly giving up
not trying to make it work
just talking about it hurts
but we never quit
after a while we forgive and forget
move on, like nothing ain't wrong
I'm surprised we even last this long
back and forth this argument you’d want to abort, teleport
saying we’re sorry. apologizing
but it's too late, we’re a dollar short
for whatever the sport
we’re still losing the game
because I thought you would change
you thought I would change
but we remain the same
that's the reason why we’re in this again
our love keep switching from pleasure to pain
in too deep, can't find a way out
can hardly sleep, what am I going to do now?
feels like I'm buried alive, in a hole trapped inside
can't hide, I promised to be your bride
you promised to be my husband
I guess we started not to believe all of a sudden
we lost our connection
like poor reception
it doesn't matter, because you're an exception
we see all the bad things we’ve done to each other
but we look for that one good thing to stay together
ain't that good love?
well I guess that's not enough
it's tough, but we stay strong
even though we’re sad inside, we keep our happy face on

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If Things Were Different

Matter

Ain't Having That