Short Story!!


Nervous to what he might say or even think. He was taking so long to read it. I'm still to this day, shock that I actually wrote a love song and gave it to the guy I was literally talking about in the fifth grade. When he finally finished, he said he felt the same way but we didn't date or anything.
It all started in 2008, my friend and I was fooling around and rhyming the night before so I thought I should actually write something and I did. I know it by heart because I use to sing and rewrite it all the time. After that, it became a hobby. I’d always be writing about something. Even songs that I like or hear on the radio, I'd make my own version of it because I can relate to it. I use to just write them down in my rap book and I designed the cover and stuff. If I brought it out in class when I was finished with my work of course, everyone would recognize the book and some would want to see it. Now, I don't really write it down anymore. One reason is because I don't like my handwriting. Another one is fear I might misplace it, that happen before. I type them up on my laptop or in my phone. When I have time I'll work on something. I enjoy writing so much I definitely want to do it for a living.
I'm a closed book for many reasons. I don't talk much about anything, especially what I go through and how I feel about things. I’d rather write it down instead. Mostly in a poem or song. I let my family, friends, friends of friends, even acquaintances read some of my best poems. I get positive and negative feedback from them. I’d get negative feedback mostly from my family. They know me well and tell me how it really is, no matter what.
My father is a gospel rapper and my mother use to write poems. I'm guessing that's where I got my talent from. I use to go to my dad's concerts and he took me to a studio before. My grandpa use to play his “Oldie but Goodies” in the house. My best friend, who lives down the street from me sings all the time. I took a piano class for two years in middle school and creative writing for two years in high school. Music always been surrounding me.

When listening to music, usually people like the song because of the beat or something. I listen to the lyrics and the melody. How it all ties together and how I can relate to it or just comprehend the message the artist is trying to say in the song.


I believe that anyone can do anything if they put their mind to it. If not a career, it will always be my hobby and a plan B.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If Things Were Different

Matter

Ain't Having That